Friday, April 27, 2012

The Post In Which I Spread The Love For Team Amity

“It’s not just about banjos and apple-picking. It’s about cultivating strong relationships and trying to understand each other. Oh, Amity.” -Veronica Roth


She couldn’t understand how the Dauntless always rough-housed with each other, how the Erudite always competed with each other, how the Candor always had heated arguments and how the Abnegation could let their tormentors continue making fun of them.  To her, being peaceful was easy.  Happiness was just a hug away, just a smile away.
Peacefulness and happiness were everything.


There are only five days left until Insurgent comes out(!) and in celebration of the release date, Veronica Roth and Harper Teen have assigned a faction for each of the five days left. For anyone who has no idea what I'm talking about, Divergent is a teen dystopian novel based in a futuristic Chicago that has been broken up into five factions: each representing what they feel could have helped the downfall of the last civilization. Abnegation: the selfless, Dauntless: the brave, Candor: the honest, Erudite: the knowledgable and Amity: the peaceful. Our main character, Tris, is Divergent, a dangerous thing that means she belongs in more than one faction. It could be her downfall, but she is using it to bring the world back to its utopian beginning.


Now, I believe that I would be Divergent, feeling as though I belong in a few of these factions, but above all I feel like I belong in Amity. The Amity look at life through rose coloured glasses. They believe that love, happiness and being kind to others will make the world a better place. I couldn't agree more. I don't like fighting, arguing, or not living in peace. I feel the most peaceful when I am writing or reading, as some might feel peaceful in a garden or art studio. We are creative and spread love through our words, art and actions. Kindness will always come back to you if you put it out there. Amity teaches us to forgive, pick people over possessions, and to know ourselves not based on what others think. It is important to me to keep a peaceful mind, to try and overcome the feelings of rage I may feel or the stress that may come with life. A hug never hurt anyone.




#TeamAmity
Divergent
Veronica Roth

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts