Monday, October 8, 2012

The List Gets Longer

So I picked up some new books this weekend. I've been looking forward to two of them for awhile now, and have only just discovered the others. All four are getting priority over the ones I already own (I know, my list is never going to go down if I just keep buying new books) Anyway, here are my next To-Reads:






Hidden (Firelight #3)
Sophie Jordan

Firelight is one of my favourite series and I've been waiting for the final instalment for a year. I finally picked it up (couldn't find it in any store) so this is getting read asap!











In Honor
Jessi Kirby

I read the Goodreads description for this book so long ago and I finally found it in a store. It looks like it will be heartbreaking and beautiful and I can't wait to find out. I'm a huge fan of road trip stories, so I have a feeling I'll like this a lot.











Saving June
Hannah Harrington

After reading Speechless, I knew I had to read Harrington's debut novel. The premise sounds haunting and once again it's a road trip story, so that adds to the beauty of the novel. Both this and In Honor deal with death, so I know I may not be able to read them right after one another, but we'll see. I hope they are both as powerful as I think they will be.








Speak
Laurie Halse Anderson

Now, I've read a lot of reviews for Speechless and most every one of them compares it to this book. So I think I need to read this one. It came first, it deals with bullying and mean girls, and I've enjoyed every other book I've read with this concept. One of my favourite authors, Courtney Summers, writes amazing books about bullying and mean girls, so I want to see what else is out there dealing with those issues.






There's no doubt this list will be longer before I even finish these four books, but I just wanted to give you a taste of what I'm reading now. Has anyone read any of these? Thoughts and opinions are always welcome!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts