Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Top Ten Kick Ass Heroines



Yay it's Tuesday! That means it's time for Top Ten Tuesday, the wonderful weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. This week's list is a topic I love. Heroines are my favourite part of novels. I like a strong female lead that I can relate to and watch kick some serious butt. It's good to know that there are a lot of there!

 1. Katniss Everdeen (The Hunger Games): Hands down, my favourite heroine. She is brave, fierce, stubborn and would do anything for her family. In my make believe world, I'm exactly like her

2. Tris (Divergent): Tris is small and quiet but she proves that even if you're tiny, you can do whatever you put your mind too.

3. Kaylee Canvanaugh (Soul Screamers): Kaylee has been through a lot and she's only just discovered that a lot of what's happened in her life is because she is actually a bean sidhe, a banshee. Instead of cowering in a corner, she takes on the Netherworld head first and will do whatever it takes to make sure those she loves are safe.


4. Taylor Rene Krystal Hawkins (Beauty Queens): Okay, so this book is chalk full of kick ass heroines that find ways to survive on a deserted island. Taylor is my favourite though. She is a little priss but when it comes to finding a way out, she goes totally Lord Of The Flies and proves just because she's pretty doesn't mean she can't live in the wilderness.

5. Annabeth Chase (Percy Jackson): The epitome of smart, beautiful, and full of fight. Annabeth will do anything for her friends and her brains take her far as she goes on quest after quest. She never let her love for Percy weaken her and I think that's a kick ass trait to have.

6. Lena (Delirium): More so in Pandemonium, we see Lena's strength and ability. She fights for what she believes in and will not let the government rule her world. She is cautious in love, but falls deeply once her guard is down.

7. Six (I Am Number Four): Ya, she's an alien and ya, she has awesome abilties. She is fierce, ruthless and practically invincible, but when she meets Number Four, her guard goes down a little. There is a softer side to her but that hard shell keeps her strong.

8. Liv (Blood Bound): Rachel Vincent has a way with kick ass characters. I haven't read her Shifters series yet, but I bet Faythe is just as kick ass as Liv. She takes all the pain that comes with her job but doesn't lose herself in the process. She will do anything to keep her family safe and will stop at nothing to be free from her bounds.

9. Sophie Mercer (Hex Hall): What I like most about Sophie, is that she's geeky, clumsy and doesn't come off brave at all. But when the time comes, she shows her true colours. I don't think you have to be strong and confident all the time to be a kick ass heroine. What matters most is how you act in the time for bravery.

10. Eowyn (The Lord Of The Rings): Saving her for last, she's quite possibly one of the first kick ass heroines I read. When I first met her character, I fell for her. She was sad and broken, but boy was she tough. And she continued to prove her strength throughout the series and ends up being the one who defeats the biggest, baddest enemy there is. Can you get more kick ass than that?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts