Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Best Series of 2012

In continuing with my year end round up, following my Best Stand Alones of 2012, it's time for my list of favourite series of 2012. These include both new and already begun series that I just couldn't get enough of. In fact, this list could be longer since I loved most of the books I read this year, but I'll keep it to five for now. 


Before I Wake by Rachel Vincent: Kaylee Cavanaugh is my favourite heroine. Her journey has been long and she's been to hell and back, but she still has so much strength in her and I know the final book in this series will be epic. If you're unfamiliar with Vincent's work, then what are you waiting for? The Soul Screamers series is definitely the most underrated best series there is.

Legend by Marie Lu: This series is sure to be a great addition to the dystopian craze. Understated and well-written, Legend tells a story from both sides, leaving us wondering which one is really the bad one. I can't wait to see where this series will go next after such an incredible debut.



Insurgent by Veronica Roth: What is there to say about Divergent? Roth is an incredible author and this series keeps you on the edge of your seat wondering where this world is going. Insurgent is certainly not a filler second book and makes you crave the last installment. Can we just get the name of it pretty please all ready?

Starters by Lissa Price: Another interesting take on dystopian and sci-fi fiction, Starters is like a Cinderella story for the end of the world. I hope there will be more information about the Spore wars in the sequel, Enders, and I can't wait to see where Callie's journey goes.





Pandemonium by Lauren Oliver: In a world where love is a disease, finding it can be the death of you. After Lena escapes into the wild, her life changes drastically and we get to see the before and after of it. Another non filler, I know Requiem, the finale, will be well worth the wait.







I've read a lot of series this year and I plan on reading a lot more. I'm always up for suggestions!


2 comments:

  1. You know how I feel about the Soul Screamers books ;) But since I finally read Divergent this week, I have to say holy hell! That was one emotional and action-packed ride of a book! Can't wait for my copy of Insurgent to arrive in the mail!
    I also want to start Marie Lu's books after hearing so many great things about them :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I know Divergent is awesome! You got into it just in time because once you're done Insurgent, you won't have to wait that long for the final book! And yes, Legend is really good too! You should definitely read it!

      Delete

Popular Posts