Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Top Ten Tuesday: Top Ten Recommended Books

This week's Top Ten Tuesday, hosted by the lovely ladies at The Broke and the Bookish, is all about the books I love recommending to people, and trust me, I love recommending books. Most of my friends don't read very much and I read as much as possible, so I'm always trying to get them into the same books as me. Mostly because I want someone to flail with, but also because I've read some pretty incredible books. So here's my list:

1. The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins: Though I'm sure most people have read this series by now, it's still the first book I recommend to people. I especially try to get anyone who enjoyed the movie to read it because we all know just how much better it is when you've read the book!

2. Soul Screamers by Rachel Vincent: Such an underrated, fantastic series. The concept is unique, the characters are memorable, and each book stands well on its own as well as a whole. Seriously though, go read this series!

3. The Fault in our Stars by John Green: I recommend all of Green's books, but this one will definitely hit you the hardest. You'll cry (I'm sorry) but you'll want to pick the book right back up and read it all over again.

4. Divergent by Veronica Roth: I save this for people who have read The Hunger Games and are looking for something similar. Though Divergent is usually associated with THG, it is completely different and stands on its own. A series worth reading.

5. The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald: Because if you haven't read this yet, you need to. 'Nough said.

6. Percy Jackson series by Rick Riordan: Fans of Harry Potter will love this series (maybe even more) because Percy is the best protagonist there ever was.

7. Confessions of a Shopaholic by Sophie Kinsella: Another great series that probably didn't get hyped about until the movie came out. Kinsella writes hilarious heroines that go through real life struggles in away that makes you laugh. Plus, Becky and I have a lot in common.

8. This is Not a Test by Courtney Summers: Names I've mentioned before show up on these lists a lot for a reason. These authors are incredible. Summers has a way of making you root for characters who aren't even rooting for themselves. Half the time you hate them, but somehow you want them to have their happy ending anyway. Seriously, I don't think I could ever write a character like she does.

9. Before I Fall by Lauren Oliver: Oliver's debut novel is completely different from Delirium and I enjoyed it a lot more. A character looking for redemption after she's dead and a plot that really makes you think about your actions. The perfect teen book.

10. The Lord of the Rings by J.R.R. Tolkien: Because this series is amazing.

So go read these books right now! I mean, please, if you have time, maybe, ya?


3 comments:

  1. I have to read the Soul Screamers series, I read the first book about a year ago and loved it but I never picked up the second book...

    Thanks for sharing your recommendations! :)
    Roxy @ Story Envy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved This is Not a Test, and I agree that Percy is the best. I like to recommend Divergent to HG fans as well, but my favorite series to offer HG fans is Blood Red Road by Moira Young. Have you read that one? I would also recommend Legend and Prodigy by Marie Lu. Thanks for the recommendations! Here are mine: http://wp.me/pzUn5-1sn

    ReplyDelete
  3. I struggled with Blood Red Road too, but found I eventually got used to it as was able to enjoy the story. The sequel is awesome and not as challenging to read!

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts