Thursday, January 2, 2014

Happy New Year!

Happy New Year followers! Hope everyone had a wonderful holiday and got a lot of reading done. I'm happy to say I completed my reading goal of 65 books and I hope you were all successful as well. Looking back over the year, I read some really great books and discovered some new fantastic authors. Here's some highlights from 2013:

Top 5 books I read:

1. Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell
2. The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight by Jennifer E. Smith
3. Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins
4. Scarlet by Marissa Meyer
5. With All My Soul by Rachel Vincent

And some not so favourites:

1. Beautiful Disaster by Jamie McGuire
2. The Program by Suzanne Young
3. Juliet Immortal by Stacey Jay
4. Truly, Madly, Deeply by Hannah Jayne
5. The Infinite Moment of Us by Lauren Myracle

At the beginning of last year, I made some reading goals. I'm happy to say I accomplished a lot of them and I'm very proud of myself!


1. I didn't read 75 books, though I did read 65
2. I don't think I ended up reading any series I hadn't finished. I've decided that if I started a series over a year ago and all the books are out but I haven't made the effort to read them, then I'm obviously not going to. They have been removed from my To-Read list.
3. I read a lot of books that were sitting on my shelf, not all of them, but I'm getting there.
4. I read one classic novel: The Great Gatsby. So that one's good!
5. I've been really good with my reviews. I told myself to review every book I read last year. I'm not caught up, but I'm close.
6. I've definitely been good with reading books off my To-Read list before buying others. This is going to be another goal of mine this year, I want to get that list down!
7. I did not read the Shifters series yet. I haven't even started it. It's on my shelf waiting for me. Hopefully I'll get to it this year.
8. I finally re-read a series. I read The Hunger Games again for pure enjoyment. I included it in my goal, but I loved reading something I already know I'll enjoy. I loved it even more the second time around.
9. I did not read a book longer than 500 pages. Maybe this year.
10. I read a few books I wouldn't normally have picked up. Mr. Penumbra's 24 Hour Bookstore and Dark Places were both out of my genre. I loved Mr. Penumbra's, it was clever and charming, but Dark Places took me a long time to read and it just left me disturbed. At least I tried!

I'll be making new goals this year and hopefully will be able to accomplish the ones I couldn't last year. How did you guys do with your reading goals? Anything special you want to accomplish this year?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts