Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Waiting on Wednesday: Love Letters to the Dead


Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly feature hosted by Breaking the Spine, where we highlight an upcoming release we are eagerly anticipating.

This week's pick:

Love Letter to the Dead
By Ava Dellaira
Hardcover, 323 pages
Expected Publication Date: April 1, 2014

From Goodreads:

It begins as an assignment for English class: Write a letter to a dead person. Laurel chooses Kurt Cobain because her sister, May, loved him. And he died young, just like May did. Soon, Laurel has a notebook full of letters to people like Janis Joplin, Amy Winehouse, Amelia Earhart, Heath Ledger, and more; though she never gives a single one of them to her teacher. She writes about starting high school, navigating new friendships, falling in love for the first time, learning to live with her splintering family. And, finally, about the abuse she suffered while May was supposed to be looking out for her. Only then, once Laurel has written down the truth about what happened to herself, can she truly begin to accept what happened to May. And only when Laurel has begun to see her sister as the person she was; lovely and amazing and deeply flawed; can she begin to discover her own path.

Some really big celebrity names in this one and this seems like such a great concept. I'm eager to see what she will write, how she feels about each of these people, and how she will eventually accept her sister's death. Looks like it will be a tearjerker!

"I know I write lettersto people with no address on this earth, I know you are all dead. But I hear you. I hear all of you. We were here. Our lives matter."

3 comments:

  1. This one was on my TTT for Debuts this year! I am really looking forward to it as well! AWESOME pick!

    Here is my WoW: http://www.jacquesbooknook.blogspot.com/2014/02/waiting-on-wednesday-finally-forever-by.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a really interesting plot. Great pick! My WoW if you want to stop by!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This one sounds really interesting! I'm sure I'm going to pick it up when it comes out!! Great choice, Jen! Hope you're having a great week!!

    xo, Becca
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts