Thursday, July 3, 2014

Review: Into the Still Blue

Into the Still Blue
Author: Veronica Rossi
Published: January 28, 2014
Hardcover, 392 pages
5 Gold Stars

(summary from Goodreads)

The race to the Still Blue has reached a stalemate. Aria and Perry are determined to find this last safe haven from the Aether storms before Sable and Hess do—and they are just as determined to stay together.

Within the confines of a cave they're using as a makeshift refuge, they struggle to reconcile their people, Dwellers and Outsiders, who are united only in their hatred of their desperate situation. Meanwhile, time is running out to rescue Cinder, who was abducted by Hess and Sable for his unique abilities. Then Roar arrives in a grief-stricken fury, endangering all with his need for revenge.

Out of options, Perry and Aria assemble an unlikely team for an impossible rescue mission. Cinder isn't just the key to unlocking the Still Blue and their only hope for survival--he's also their friend. And in a dying world, the bonds between people are what matter most.

In this final book in her earth-shattering Under the Never Sky trilogy, Veronica Rossi raises the stakes to their absolute limit and brings her epic love story to an unforgettable close.


It took me way to long to read this book! I think it's because I didn't want to say goodbye to Perry and Aria and was hoping there wasn't going to be an Allegiant ending. But as soon as I opened this book and dived back into their world, a world where you don't know if you'll survive and there's no telling who you can trust, I never wanted to leave. Perry and Aria and just as amazing as ever and their relationship is beautiful. The Aether is getting worse and as Perry tries to decide if he should keep his tribe where it is or risk getting involved with Sable in order to find the Still Blue, Aria tries to make her Dweller friends comfortable. New and old enemies and the everlasting storms keep Perry and Aria from escaping, hoping beyond hope that the Still Blue actually exists.

I fell in love with Perry and Aria the minute I met them. Their relationship started off wobbly, a Dweller and an Outsider suddenly together in hopes of making it home. Now, Aria calls Perry home and the two of them can only hope to have time together between ruling the tribe. Even though the world is doing everything to keep them apart, they know they belong together and will do anything to live a long happy life together. I'm glad that there hasn't been a love triangle in this book. I love that Aria and Roar are just friends and that Perry never did anything when he and Aria were apart. The problems in their relationship is not within them, but everyone around them. Perry wants to make sure that Cinder is protected, but when he fails to keep him safe, suddenly getting him back is the only thing Perry care about. Aria would do anything for Perry and there are many times she finds herself in situations where she could die to protect him. 

The action was perfectly paced throughout the book. There was never a minute where you could relax, as more and more things kept happening. It was fast-paced and riveting and the swift moments between Perry and Aria continued to give me hope for a happy ending. The myth of the Still Blue hung heavy in the air, never knowing if they'd actually make it there. This is the kind of ending to a series you hope for, and Rossi has successfully made me fall in love with her character and world and I know I'll be reading anything else she writes. Theses characters will stay with me for a long time and I will continue dreaming about my own Still Blue, a place where dreams can really come true.

“I want to kiss you,” he said. Forget pride. He wanted her too much “Can I?”
She nodded. “You don’t’ ever have to ask me that again. I’ll always say yes.” 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts