Thursday, September 18, 2014

Review: Onyx

Onyx
Author: Jennifer L. Armentrout
Published: August 14, 2012
Papaeback, 366 pages
5 Gold Stars

(summary from Goodreads)

Being connected to Daemon Black sucks...

Thanks to his alien mojo, Daemon's determined to prove what he feels for me is more than a product of our bizarro connection. So I've sworn him off, even though he's running more hot than cold these days. But we've got bigger problems. 

Something worse than the Arum has come to town...

The Department of Defense are here. If they ever find out what Daemon can do and that we're linked, I'm a goner. So is he. And there's this new boy in school who's got a secret of his own. He knows what's happened to me and he can help, but to do so, I have to lie to Daemon and stay away from him. Like that's possible. Against all common sense, I'm falling for Daemon. Hard.

But then everything changes...

I've seen someone who shouldn't be alive. And I have to tell Daemon, even though I know he's never going to stop searching until he gets the truth. What happened to his brother? Who betrayed him? And what does the DOD want from them - from me?

No one is who they seem. And not everyone will survive the lies...

There's no denying this series is swoon-worthy. After reading Obsidian, I knew why everyone was talking about it. I love the chemistry between Katy and Daemon, the sexual tension just begging to be released. I thought I'd have to wait until the last book for some sort of relief, but I'm glad to say I got what I was looking for in this one, along with a very cool plot and a lot of paranormal activity. Armentrout knows how to write a teen paranormal romance and this one has quickly become one of my favourites.

Daemon and Katy are cnnected in more ways than one now. Since he rescued her from the car accident, they've had a mental connection, one that sends shivers down Katy's back. As much as he annoys her, she can't stay away from him. When Blake comes to town, Katy is drawn to him too. He's much nicer than Daemon and she starts spending time with him, much to Daemon's dislike. That she discovers something about him - he knows who she is and what she can do and he wants to help. He begins teaching her how to control the power running through her. When Katy sees someone who shouldn't be alive, a plan unfolds to try and save Daemon's brother, a plan that could get all of them killed. Filled with action, drama, and a whole lot of kissing. Throw in some bad guys, people who aren't who they seem and moments where I swear to Go if Katy and Daemon don't kiss I'll kill someone, you've got yourself a stellar book.

Katy and Daemon have the kind of relationship you see a lot of in YA books. They hate each other, but they can't seen to stop kissing. Daemon becomes a little more bearable in this one, but his attitude still needs some adjusting. He treats Katy well and he does some really sweet things. And those kisses could kill me from hotness! Armentrout certainly knows how to write these characters and I was completely satisfied with how this one played out. There's no denying their feelings for each other in this one and I'm really glad it happened early in the series. I didn't want to struggle through that for another book, I just need them to be together!

This series has everything and if you're looking for a swoon-worthy book packed with hot aliens, this is for you. Trust me, they are good books.

"I always liked you. From the moment you first flipped me off."

"If there is anything, there is us. You and me. No one else."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts